Thursday, December 30, 2010

goodbye 2010 & hello 2011!


Another year gone by... why do they seem to go faster & faster? I always look forward to the beginning of the year. It feels so good to think about a fresh start, how you want to do things differently, and how to make this year better than the last. I've been thinking a lot the past few weeks about this and resolutions I'd like to make, and there are so many things I want to do (like usual!).

If I were to make my '2011 list', here are some of the things it would include (some carried over from last year!):

  • be mindful, thoughtful & present
  • eat less sugar
  • learn to crochet
  • embrace imperfection
  • learn to live with less
  • finish a book (I can't remember the last time I have!)
  • incorporate a tiny bit of meditation into my day
  • find a volunteer opportunity for our family
  • hike more with the kids
  • live in gratitude
  • set better limits
  • laugh more
  • use less packaging/buy more bulk (in reusable bags that I'd love to make myself)
  • work on not taking things so personally
  • finding balance (a constant journey!)
  • clean out every room in the house (including closets!) to get rid of unnecessary things
  • surround myself with positive people & energy
  • slow down!
  • try not to be overwhelmed by 'to do lists' (like this one!)

I think about all of these things on this list... A LOT, especially being overwhelmed. I tend to put way more on my plate than I can do by myself, and so even though I would love to do everything on this list above for 2011 (and will try), what I truly want to do is find ways to simplify my life. I believe more and more that true happiness lies in the simplest of things, and when you can make life simpler all around, it makes time for the more meaningful things, which gives way to more space and freedom. I'm also learning that the more quiet space you have in your life, the easier it is to listen to your heart. If I can find ways to live more simply and follow my heart, I think 2011 will be one heck of a year!

Happiest New Year to all of you!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment