Thursday, May 6, 2010

a most thoughtful gift


During a run this morning, I was thinking about how great it feels to finally feel good again, to have the stamina to get through a run and actually feel energized afterwards, instead of wanting to take a nap! It was such a beautiful morning, and the view of the mountains from the trail just never gets old. As we sit in the middle of much uncertainty and stress, I started thinking about how I was going to get through all of this... and the answer came to me so gently, so simply ~ one step at a time, one foot in front of the other. This is how I ran today, just feeling my feet on the ground, the rhythm of my footsteps, and each of the words in the songs I was listening to ~ not thinking about all I needed to get done at home, or what errands needed to happen, but rather just being present. I'm finding that in those moments of being right here, right now, everything feels okay and everything feels like it WILL be okay. The bottom line is this ~ I have a choice ~ succumb to feeling like a victim in this mess we're in or choose to look at all the wonderful things in my life because when all is said and done, I have my healthy family and beautiful friends, which are truly all I ever wanted out of life. When I came back home from my run, there was the most splendid bouquet of flowers waiting on my doorstep. Oh the timing of this gift was strangely perfect. It was from the most thoughtful friend with a note reminding me to focus on something beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes, not only from her kindhearted gesture, but because it was just so simply true. Thank you dear Anne for completely making my week!

No comments:

Post a Comment