Wednesday, June 9, 2010

school is out!


Ahhh summer! It's here... and the kids had their very last day at their Montessori school. They are heading to a new school next year (which we are very excited about) but when I walked in to pick them up and say our goodbyes, I felt really sad. Tears welled up in my eyes and I felt on the verge of sobbing. Both kids have had the most wonderful, loving, gentle teachers with a gift for the most magnificent way and words with the children. Mia had her very first pre-school experience here... and Owen was completely embraced for being just who he was. Both kids ran into school everyday. What more could a mom ask for? I am certainly going to miss this sweet little school. My O is now a kindergartener. And AHEM... how did that happen?!?

P.S. Here are our kiddos with the amazing Chad ~ who taught their 'movement' class. Don't you just love the name of that class? And how adorable is he?!? :) When we said goodbye, I will not soon forget how he bent down to Owen's level, looked him right in the eyes and said in the most meaningful way, 'YOU are a very cool kid.' It seems like such a small thing really, but I am certain Owen will remember those words coming from the coolest guy at school for quite awhile, if not his whole life. Oh words can be so powerful and don't we all need a dose of someone very cool thinking we are pretty cool too?

No comments:

Post a Comment