Thursday, September 9, 2010

for a sweet new year (& belated sugar-free friday)


I'm a little late with this post, as I had intended on posting it Friday, but with the uncertainty of the fire still looming and hosting a Rosh Hashanah dinner, well here I am a few days later! Our Jewish New Year celebration was terrific. I always love the meaning and feelings around this holiday ~ new beginnings and the promise of a good new year ~ all sentiments wonderfully represented by food! We dip apples in honey to symbolize a sweet new year, which is a favorite treat for all, and one that I also thought would be a perfect sugar-free Friday goodie to share. Our Rosh Hashanah dinner tables were filled with our wonderful friends and family and children. It was such a lovely night and we couldn't have asked for a better way to bring in the new year. As we say on this holiday... Shana Tova (good year)! May this be a beautiful one for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment